Visualizza un messaggio singolo
Vecchio 05-03-2009, 19:08   #1
microcefalo
kappista di ritorno

L'avatar di microcefalo

ubicazione: Roma
Lightbulb Volete che il cambio della vostra K1200 vada come la nuova 1300?

Da quello che scrivono sul sito americano... basterebbe cambiare l'olio con un 5W, come già prescritto per le nuove k1300.
Ovviamente vale per tutte le k1200.

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17258

Want your K1200 clutch to feel like the new K1300?
Thought that would grab your attention! Just had my bike back from my local BMW dealer (Vines, UK) for them to assess the judder in my clutch on my 08 K1200GT with 4000 miles. They agreed it shouldn't judder as much as it did and changed the clutch plates yesterday morning but ,importantly, they have also changed the spec of oil that the clutch is running in to 5W (as per the 1300) instead of the 10W that was previously spec-ed by BMW.

This upgrade was only announced yesterday by BMW in the UK so my bike would appear to be one of the first 1200's to have the change and the difference is like night and day......the clutch is now so, so smooth and progressive, with all hints of judder or sudden take-up eliminated.

Three techs from the dealership test-rode it yesterday and all said the bike felt as good as a 1300 clutch set-up.

Well worth doing. Of course I can't personally tell you how much of the change is down to the new clutch plates as opposed to the change in oil spec, but the techs were very keen to credit a lot of the improvement to the oil change.